Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reset MacBook Pro password if I forgot it?

Can’t enter MacBook, incorrect password, but it is correct , thousand times I entered this password!!! And just now, I didn’t do anything, and it’s “incorrect password”. How to reset it!?? There is now “?” near password field!!!!

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 26, 2021 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 2:24 PM

try the steps on this page: Change or reset macOS user account password - Apple Support

4 replies

May 27, 2021 1:27 AM in response to yulialokteva

Safe Boot on M1 Apple Silicon Computer

Start up a Mac with Apple silicon in safe mode

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.
  2. After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds.
  3. Press and hold the power button on your Mac until the startup options window appears showing available startup disks and Options.
  4. Select a startup disk.
  5. Press and hold the Shift key, click Continue in Safe Mode, then release the Shift key.

May 26, 2021 5:21 PM in response to yulialokteva

Is this is Intel computer restart in Recovery Mode Command + r keys immediately at Startup. In Top Menu Bar look for Utilities then Terminal. Open Terminal and type as one word resetpassword and Return key. Follow the prompts and remember the New Password as it will be needed on then boot

If New M1 BMA - search apple support for Recovery Mode specifically looking for M1 CPU instructions

How to reset MacBook Pro password if I forgot it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.