Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Se will not send/receive sms messages when phone is not present. I do have data service for my watch

Anyone have any ideas?

Apple Watch

Posted on May 26, 2021 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 8:15 AM

Yes there are some special and perhaps surprising preconditions for that to work:

• To receive SMS, MMS, or push notifications from third-party apps on your cellular Apple Watch, your paired iPhone must be powered on and connected to Wi-Fi or cellular, but it doesn't need to be nearby. You also need to be signed in to iMessage on your iPhone.

Use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 8:15 AM in response to glendalemax

Yes there are some special and perhaps surprising preconditions for that to work:

• To receive SMS, MMS, or push notifications from third-party apps on your cellular Apple Watch, your paired iPhone must be powered on and connected to Wi-Fi or cellular, but it doesn't need to be nearby. You also need to be signed in to iMessage on your iPhone.

Use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

Apple Watch Se will not send/receive sms messages when phone is not present. I do have data service for my watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.