Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot udate apps because apple id or password wrong?

My family and I all used one apple id. I had an apple id to myself but never used it. I now seperated and changed to my own apple id on all of my devices. Now sometimes if I want to update apps in the app store, he ask me my password and says it’s wrong, even though I know exactly it’s right. I think the app store is still connected to my dad’s apple id even though it shows my apple id in the top right corner. What can I do to fully connect my own apple id?

Posted on May 27, 2021 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 9:35 AM

Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 9:35 AM in response to kathrin179

Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

Cannot udate apps because apple id or password wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.