Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Font smoothing hurt my eyes.

Disabling the ability to remove font smoothing - causing pain to your users. I've seen many complaints about it, but Apple still doesn't care.

(I don't use the default resolution, the font on the Macbook Pro 16 is very small. I make the objects a little larger, it basically looks more suitable for the monitor.)

Well, font smoothing is the worst. I just want to share my experience. With smoothing, my head and eyes start to hurt. It's just blurry. How does the company that made the Retina display allow for a blurry font?

Why did Apple remove this feature from Big Sur?

Please return the option to disable font smoothing in the interface.

I know that I can do this through the terminal. But I'm afraid that in the future you will remove that too.

I don't upgrade my laptop to Big Sur just because of that problem.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 27, 2021 1:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 2:00 AM

Feedback - macOS - Apple

Similar questions

3 replies

May 27, 2021 8:51 AM in response to ulululululuululul

Well, I have kept my 16" display at the default resolution, as it works for me.

I remember in the old days that the result of choosing "larger text" was not that great.

I am just trying it now, for the sake of testing and it looks quite good (running 11.2.3).

What is your mac display? Which settings are you using?

There is always a possibility that something is not working right.

Could you post some screenshots to illustrate the blurriness you are seeing?

One important detail: as we age, are eyes age too. Ten years ago I started to use reading glasses. These are perhaps just as important when staring at a computer screen all day.

With my glasses I have no problem using the default resolution.

Maybe you should consider that too.

Font smoothing hurt my eyes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.