Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i'm having trouble restoring my ipad

i can't restore my ipad. it's being recognized by my laptop and i do have itunes. it extracts the software but when it tries to start restoring an error (like 4009 or 2009) pops up. i need this ipad for my school work and i'll start failing my classes. i needed to restore it because a glitch(i think) popped where even if i typed my password in right it said it was wrong. it told me i have to connect to itunes. i can't restore via "find my ipad" because i had it disabled. now my ipad won't even come out of the restore screen. not sure what to do. any suggestions?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 27, 2021 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 9:24 AM

yin_shimura wrote:

i can't restore my ipad. it's being recognized by my laptop and i do have itunes. it extracts the software but when it tries to start restoring an error (like 4009 or 2009) pops up. i need this ipad for my school work and i'll start failing my classes. i needed to restore it because a glitch(i think) popped where even if i typed my password in right it said it was wrong. it told me i have to connect to itunes. i can't restore via "find my ipad" because i had it disabled. now my ipad won't even come out of the restore screen. not sure what to do. any suggestions?

see this link for the error code and follow all the steps iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 9:24 AM in response to yin_shimura

yin_shimura wrote:

see this link for the error code and follow all the steps iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

i'm having trouble restoring my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.