Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am curious if i am unable to wear a regular watch bc of the oil of my skin killing the batteries instantly will it be the same with Apple? any insight? since the battery is exposed on the back

i am curious if i am unable to wear a regular watch bc of the oil of my skin is killing the batteries instantly will it be the same with Apple? any insight? since the battery is exposed on the back cannot seem to find an relevant information.

Posted on May 27, 2021 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 10:03 AM

Most regular watches are not water resistant to a depth of 50 meters.

About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

3 replies

May 27, 2021 9:54 AM in response to Community User

ok so unlike a regular wrist watch where the battery is placed and just under that metal slip underneath the apple watch is composed differently?

im one of those unique individuals that cant seem to wear regular watches but i dont want to spend hundreds of dollars on an apple product and my oil in my skin ends up having the same effect

May 27, 2021 7:40 AM in response to ens1686

The battery is inside the watch above the sensors and is not exposed to the outside so it will never come into contact with your skin.

i am curious if i am unable to wear a regular watch bc of the oil of my skin killing the batteries instantly will it be the same with Apple? any insight? since the battery is exposed on the back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.