Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I give an ipad app while I have an iphone?

Ipad apps don't show up in the iphone store. Does this mean there is no way to gift them too?

Posted on May 27, 2021 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 8:55 AM

If it's an iPad only app, you can try to find it through Safari, by entering the app name followed by the word iTunes in the search bar or Google search or other search engine.

It should result in a link to the App Store entry for the app. Tapping it should then open your iPhone's App Store app to the app's webpage.

If it's an iPad only App, you won't be able to buy it yourself, but the Gift App option should be visible when tapping the share icon (arrow coming out of a box).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 8:55 AM in response to deJasper36

If it's an iPad only app, you can try to find it through Safari, by entering the app name followed by the word iTunes in the search bar or Google search or other search engine.

It should result in a link to the App Store entry for the app. Tapping it should then open your iPhone's App Store app to the app's webpage.

If it's an iPad only App, you won't be able to buy it yourself, but the Gift App option should be visible when tapping the share icon (arrow coming out of a box).

how do I give an ipad app while I have an iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.