Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode installation stuck

I tried to install Xcode on my iMac M1. I got stuck at ‘Installing’ after the download. I read online to restart the computer so that’s what I did. When I got back there the app was ‘Downloading’ but it was stuck at 11.68Gb/11.68Gb and the bar was not moving. Now it’s back to the original ‘Installing’ and the bar is still not moving.

Before that I also tried a solution to disconnect from the App Store, delete Xcode and start again. It also didn’t work.

I just got my new iMac and I feel like I’m already messing up with my system files. There are two Xcode apps and the first one is already working if I double click on it, it's so weird!

iMac 24″, macOS 11.4

Posted on May 27, 2021 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 9:14 AM

WeVPN could be the cause of your issue. A VPN is unnecessary any if anything it hurts your privacy and makes macOS appear buggy. The same goes for anti-virus and "cleaning" app that just hurt macOS.

1. Please delete WeVPN and any other anti-virus/cleaning apps.
  2. Delete both Xcode installations.
  3. Restart your Mac.
  4. Get Xcode again.

Cheers,

Jack

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 9:14 AM in response to SimonFSmith

WeVPN could be the cause of your issue. A VPN is unnecessary any if anything it hurts your privacy and makes macOS appear buggy. The same goes for anti-virus and "cleaning" app that just hurt macOS.

1. Please delete WeVPN and any other anti-virus/cleaning apps.
  2. Delete both Xcode installations.
  3. Restart your Mac.
  4. Get Xcode again.

Cheers,

Jack

Xcode installation stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.