Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Considering the purchase of an iPad for drawing sketches to aid in my virtual instruction

I am considering buying an iPad to use as a whiteboard for drawing and writing on with an electronic pencil for virtual instruction. I saw a teacher using one in the same way that I would like to use one. She told me that she has an iPad pro. Do I need to get the 11" iPad pro 128Gb or will a 10.2" iPad with 32Gb suffice? Or is it the app that I should be asking about if both iPads can be used as a whiteboard? I have tried several apps, but the writing tool I had was not precise enough for my purposes. Is it that I need to consider which writing devices can be used with the different iPads?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on May 27, 2021 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 12:20 PM

All current iPad models run the exact same iPadOS and all the same apps.

So, any current iPad model should work for you.

You are paying more for more optional “premium“ iPad features, now. Similar to paying extra for optional features in automobiles.

If contemplating a base model 2020 iPad 8th gen with a 10.2 inch screen, that iPad model can use the original, 1st gen Pencil.

The one with the chrome/silver/metallised top band/cap with a lightning connector magnetic protective cap.

Also, purchase the largest internal data storage option that you can afford as NO Apple iOS device has expandable internal storage.

Here is some info to help you with determining your internal data storage decions.

A 32 GBs storage iPad starts out with approx 30 GBs.,after initial internal flash drive formatting.

Minus approx. 6.5 GBs for iOS/iPadOS leaves between 23-24 GBs.

Minus 2-4 GBs, for iOS/iPadOS system operational reserve, that MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES, to ensure/insure normal, expected operation of iOS/iPad OS, leaves approx. between 20-21GBs of actual, usable data storage space.

While 32 GBs data storage devices are, now, more quickly, becoming the “new” low storage 16 GBs internal data storage space devices, today, a 32 GBs Apple iOS/iPadOS device has 3-4 times the internal data storage space of a much older 16 GBs. internal data storage Apple iOS/iPadOS device.

A 128 GBs storage iPad starts out with approx.119 GBs.,after initial internal flash drive formatting.

Minus approx. 6.5 GBs for iOS/iPadOS leaves between 112-113 GBs.

Minus 2-4 GBs, for iOS/iPadOS system operational reserve, that MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES, to ensure/insure normal, expected operation of iOS/iPad OS, leaves approx. between 109-110 GBs of actual, usable data storage space.

Best of Luck to You!`

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 12:20 PM in response to markath26

All current iPad models run the exact same iPadOS and all the same apps.

So, any current iPad model should work for you.

You are paying more for more optional “premium“ iPad features, now. Similar to paying extra for optional features in automobiles.

If contemplating a base model 2020 iPad 8th gen with a 10.2 inch screen, that iPad model can use the original, 1st gen Pencil.

The one with the chrome/silver/metallised top band/cap with a lightning connector magnetic protective cap.

Also, purchase the largest internal data storage option that you can afford as NO Apple iOS device has expandable internal storage.

Here is some info to help you with determining your internal data storage decions.

A 32 GBs storage iPad starts out with approx 30 GBs.,after initial internal flash drive formatting.

Minus approx. 6.5 GBs for iOS/iPadOS leaves between 23-24 GBs.

Minus 2-4 GBs, for iOS/iPadOS system operational reserve, that MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES, to ensure/insure normal, expected operation of iOS/iPad OS, leaves approx. between 20-21GBs of actual, usable data storage space.

While 32 GBs data storage devices are, now, more quickly, becoming the “new” low storage 16 GBs internal data storage space devices, today, a 32 GBs Apple iOS/iPadOS device has 3-4 times the internal data storage space of a much older 16 GBs. internal data storage Apple iOS/iPadOS device.

A 128 GBs storage iPad starts out with approx.119 GBs.,after initial internal flash drive formatting.

Minus approx. 6.5 GBs for iOS/iPadOS leaves between 112-113 GBs.

Minus 2-4 GBs, for iOS/iPadOS system operational reserve, that MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES, to ensure/insure normal, expected operation of iOS/iPad OS, leaves approx. between 109-110 GBs of actual, usable data storage space.

Best of Luck to You!`

Considering the purchase of an iPad for drawing sketches to aid in my virtual instruction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.