Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve my pics from iCloud to my new phone

How do I retrieve my photos from the cloud to add to my phone

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on May 27, 2021 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 1:03 PM

Depends on how they got to iCloud exactly.

If you were using iCloud Photos, simply turn it on on the iPhone in Settings->Photos->iCloud Photos

If you were not using iCloud Photos, and you were just backing up to iCloud normally, then restoring the backup to the new iPhone should have restored any photos in the backup. If you used quick start to move data from the previous phone to the new one not would have also moved over the photos if you were not using iCloud Photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 1:03 PM in response to LoriLForeman

Depends on how they got to iCloud exactly.

If you were using iCloud Photos, simply turn it on on the iPhone in Settings->Photos->iCloud Photos

If you were not using iCloud Photos, and you were just backing up to iCloud normally, then restoring the backup to the new iPhone should have restored any photos in the backup. If you used quick start to move data from the previous phone to the new one not would have also moved over the photos if you were not using iCloud Photos.

How do I retrieve my pics from iCloud to my new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.