Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to disable/enable keyboard click sounds on MacBook Air?

I would like to know how to enable/disable the keyboard clicking sounds on my MacBook Air. I cannot find any place to do that, yet it has to be possible.

Posted on May 27, 2021 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 8:26 PM

Yes, Keyboard click sounds can be enabled on a MacBook Air.

Open System Preferences ➔ Sound ➔ Sound Effects tab: Here, ensure that Play User Interface Sound Effects is checked. Then back to System Preferences ➔ Accessibility ➔ Keyboard ➔ Hardware tab: Here, ensure that Enable Slow Keys is checked ➔ Options ➔ Use Click Key Sounds (Checked): Here, Adjust the Acceptance Delay. Now you should be able to hear the keyboard click sounds after the key has been depressed for the time set in the acceptance delay.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 8:26 PM in response to Laufie

Yes, Keyboard click sounds can be enabled on a MacBook Air.

Open System Preferences ➔ Sound ➔ Sound Effects tab: Here, ensure that Play User Interface Sound Effects is checked. Then back to System Preferences ➔ Accessibility ➔ Keyboard ➔ Hardware tab: Here, ensure that Enable Slow Keys is checked ➔ Options ➔ Use Click Key Sounds (Checked): Here, Adjust the Acceptance Delay. Now you should be able to hear the keyboard click sounds after the key has been depressed for the time set in the acceptance delay.

Axel F.

how to disable/enable keyboard click sounds on MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.