Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch sending texts to wrong contact

Lately when I reply to texts on Apple Watch it’s sending to the wrong recipient. Consistently sends to the same (incorrect) person, even when choosing the correct contact on my watch. Is this a glitch others have experienced and or is there a fix?

Posted on May 27, 2021 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 4:20 PM

If you still have the issue after unpairing and re-pairing look over the contact details for the contacts and make sure you don’t have them switched up by mistake or make sure you haven’t accidentally added on contacts number as a secondary number for the other contacts and if all the contact details look correct for the contacts try deleting the contacts completely and rebuild the contacts in question. (Long shot but worth a try if you haven’t everything updated and all contact details are correct along with already trying restarts and unpairing.) I hope you get the issue resolved.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 4:20 PM in response to alaska5000

If you still have the issue after unpairing and re-pairing look over the contact details for the contacts and make sure you don’t have them switched up by mistake or make sure you haven’t accidentally added on contacts number as a secondary number for the other contacts and if all the contact details look correct for the contacts try deleting the contacts completely and rebuild the contacts in question. (Long shot but worth a try if you haven’t everything updated and all contact details are correct along with already trying restarts and unpairing.) I hope you get the issue resolved.

May 28, 2021 1:45 PM in response to alaska5000

Regards alaska5000, 

We understand from your post that when sending a message from your Apple Watch, no matter which contact you attempt to reach, it always goes to the same wrong contact. Do we have that right? 

If so, we’d like to begin by having you restart both your iPhone and Apple Watch, then test the situation again. 

Restart your iPhone

How to restart your Apple Watch

If it persists, can you delete the message thread on your watch and start a new one to see if the issue persists? 

Thank you.

Apple Watch sending texts to wrong contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.