Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ISO 14.6 battery drain and not charging

My iPhone 12 battery health is at 96% and chargers fine until I updated to iOS 14.6. My phone charged over night and the battery % is only at 30% and keeps on draining. Is anyone having the same issue after updating to iOS 14.6?

Posted on May 27, 2021 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 10:54 AM

Turn off optimized charging. Push volume up, volume down then hold power button until the Apple logo shows. Do not slide the bar to power off. Then plug in directly to lightning cord. If problem continues after a day or so look at Apple support page for their solution.

16 replies

Jun 5, 2021 7:55 AM in response to Watoku

This is happening to my iPhone 12 as well! My phone is only three months old and the battery is suddenly not charging after the new iOS 14.6 update. This is so frustrating, especially since my phone was plugged into the charger all night and I woke up to a 40% battery. This is my first iPhone and it has caused me more trouble than any of my previous Android phones in the three months that I have owned it. I hope this issue is fixed quickly!

May 27, 2021 9:33 PM in response to Watoku

iPhone 11Pro did the same after update. I have had an Apple Smart Cover on it since day 2 of being new. Never had to remove it. Today, after yesterday’s update, it wiped out my phone to 2% and ran my cover down to 15%. Normally the phone stays at 100% and the cover might get as low as 20% after a 15 hour day with no plugging in. Battery health has maintained 100% for over a year. Must be part of the health recalibration. The Smart Cover battery icon is no longer on the lock or Home Screen when plugging or unplugging it.

Jun 25, 2021 6:09 AM in response to Watoku

I have and Iphone X. On 14.6. Past few days I phone would not charge more than 30%. The "Geniuses" at Apple told me my phone had a loose port and I needed to replace phone. Often it would just drain even when charging using 3rd party adapters. But Apple was able to charge using Macbook charger. So what the ****? I ordered a USB-C to Lighting cable - went home and charged my phone to 100%. Doing another test, I let the phone drain to 90%. I used the same charger that failed earlier and now it charges just fine. I believe this is a software issue. I am going to do a test today where I let it drain down to zero and try again to charge using my third party charger.

Sep 11, 2021 11:10 AM in response to Watoku

Is anyone having issues with the new update? It is IOS 14.6. My iPhone 11Pro is having problems with the volume. It seems like I can’t turn it up loud enough to be able to hear it properly. I have to put people on speakerphone.

Also, my battery drains so quickly now 😡 worse than before. I do understand my phone is a little over a year old but still. This stuff shouldn’t be happening. I take very good care of my phone!

ISO 14.6 battery drain and not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.