Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can get my mail on aol.com,ane phone but not on my ipad. this just started

I can get my email on my phone and on aol.com but I am not getting it on my iPad even though it is same password.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on May 27, 2021 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 2:25 AM

In common with many other Mail providers, AOL now use App Specific Passwords to access IMAP or POP3 mailboxes.

The Mail App on each of your devices, such as your iPad, requires a unique password to be generated from within the AOL account. This App Specific password intentionally differs from your AOL account password - and can only be used to access your AOL mail.

More information about AOL’s App Specific Passwords can be found here:

https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in?guccounter=1

Your devices may need to be switched from the original account Password to an App Specific Password at different times. The trigger is often a change in your device Mail settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 2:25 AM in response to Nanaw15

In common with many other Mail providers, AOL now use App Specific Passwords to access IMAP or POP3 mailboxes.

The Mail App on each of your devices, such as your iPad, requires a unique password to be generated from within the AOL account. This App Specific password intentionally differs from your AOL account password - and can only be used to access your AOL mail.

More information about AOL’s App Specific Passwords can be found here:

https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in?guccounter=1

Your devices may need to be switched from the original account Password to an App Specific Password at different times. The trigger is often a change in your device Mail settings.

i can get my mail on aol.com,ane phone but not on my ipad. this just started

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.