Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I turn on battery optimisation mode in iPad

I want to know that how can I turn on battery optimisation in ipad

iPad

Posted on May 28, 2021 3:13 AM

6 replies

May 28, 2021 3:45 AM in response to King1111Y

There is no battery optimisation on large internal battery devices, like iPads and MacBooks, where batteries are large enough to go many years without failure or replacement

Low power battery mode in smaller battery devices, like iPhones and Watches is needed to help both preserve day to day battery life and to prolong/preserve the overall life of the battery for as long as possible, which for these devices is only 2-3 years, VERSUS an iPad battery which can last anywhere between 3-10 years based upon individual usage cases.

May 28, 2021 3:44 AM in response to King1111Y

The battery health feature is exclusive to iOS for iPhone. Inclusion of this feature is relatively recent.

iOS/iPadOS for iPad has never had the Battery Health feature - most likely because iPad batteries are both considerably larger and have a much longer service life. 

An iPad battery is rated to maintain at least 80% of its initial capacity after 1000 full charge/discharge cycles - whereas an iPhone is rated to have 80% of initial capacity after 500 full cycles.

There are software packages available that can access battery cycle count. Popular choices for Mac are Coconut Battery and iMazing - whereas iMazing is available for PC.

https://www.coconut-flavour.com/coconutbattery/

https://imazing.com/

May 28, 2021 4:18 AM in response to King1111Y

It appears as if MichealPM is correct at a glance, I to check this ipad again just to be certain because on macs and iPhones previously used that was one of the key maintenance items to look out for for example on a Mac: Loss of keboard, mouse, date and time became incorrect. With IPhone, it would heat up quite a bit and apps would crash. I have experienced the pinwheel on both as well. For Mac and iPhone the solution was to, adjust set optimize battery settings that included setting usage hours and limits so the battery and systems could recover and cool down, on Mac only use external Bluetooth keyboard, reset nvram and Pram settings, eventually I changed the battery which I do not recommend unless you have the whole weekend free and are meticulous about your hobbies, most that attempt it either ruin the battery or drastically shorten its life span. What I noticed about all three and this what important: when you click on battery icon to diagnose the specifics you are one or two clicks away from the option to view usage by apps guide to the hour down to the byte of data. If you know your device and apps and e seams unordinary, you can check the app usage and perhaps you have left data usage available for one or more apps thinking every app was restricted to WiFi, this happens frequently. At any rate, observing the usage by app and adjusting accordingly for desired outcome should render the same as an alarm going off and you’ll just have to be a little diligent…….luck

May 28, 2021 4:30 AM in response to jester1908

Not that it matters much, as you appear to be a new user here, but my name is not Michael/Micheal ( American or British version ), but Michel, as in ME-shell ( French-Canandian born ). Hence MichelPM.

I hate when people get my name wrong.

Many people never get the spelling OR pronounciatin correct.

I am here in these iPad support communities, like many regular contributors here, on and off every day, 24-7.

Just FYI, in case you decide to return and more regularly contribute here.

May 29, 2021 12:23 AM in response to MichelPM

Michel,

From now on it shall be. I am new to this style of communication ….12 points old in Mac years.

Attempted to sign up for photoshop course in I-tunes University yesterday and found out apple is shelving the program Dec/2021, I searched for its replacement and was directed to this conversation. If anyone knows if I-tunes U will have a replacement I’d appreciate the information. As of now, it appears that registration for new courses ends this month and fall semester is planned to be the last semester for I-tunes U. I am looking to become proficient enough to add digital design to my abilities in the work force by learning Photoshop, sketch, illustrator, light room, fresco , creative cloud and a few others. I’m almost there just need some good routines of practice exercises to remove amateur obstacles before committing set of skills in a professional environment. Or if anyone knows of a apple application that lets a person build their own tool bar and tools that is able to launch like switch control inside of a basic text or image doc and can add pens, brushes , fonts, and a stamping tool to make a library of symbols that would be adequate as well.

How can I turn on battery optimisation mode in iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.