Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AOL Mail Issue 5/28/2021

As of “this” morning (5/28/21), “NONE” of my “APPLE” devices (iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air2, Apple Watch Series 3)… are able to connect to Aol Mail. NONE (Safari is my browser).

I’ve had Aol Mail since it’s inception (yes, that’s how old I am)…with ZERO ISSUES on “any” device…in all these years. All my devices have connected perfectly, until this morning. But, for some “unknown” reason (other than this possibly being connected to the recent 14.6 software update), “NONE” of my devises are able to recognize” my “Aol password.” When trying to open Mail using the email “envelope” icon, I now get the message…. “NO PASSWORD PROVIDED FOR AOL.”

1. Looking for answered online, I’ve gone through most all the suggestions/recommendations posted. None have worked. I’ve changed the password to no avail. Message still shows “no password provided.”
  2. Using Safari, I’m able to log into my AOL Mail Account using the AOL login link with no difficulty. The same goes for logging into AOL using the AOL app. No problem.

Has anyone else fallen victim to this (in my case) “sudden” AOL email problem? If so, I’d welcome the solution.

My concern is, after another software upgrade a few months ago, both all my devices stopped notifying me of incoming Text Messages. I no longer get the “tone or vibrate” notifications. This still hasn’t been corrected. Becoming Quite frustrated with Apple products. Although I’m no fan of Samsung products, I’m beginning to have second thoughts as it’s beginning to look like Apple is pushing users of a slightly older models into buying newer models.

Quite honestly, I’m hoping for a simple fix to this email problem! Having been a longtime user of Apple products, I really would prefer staying with Apple. But having issues with emails, that along is 60% of what I use these devices for (and texting). Having problems with these two features are not taken lightly.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 28, 2021 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 10:36 AM

In common with many other Mail providers, AOL now use App Specific Passwords to access IMAP or POP3 mailboxes.

The Mail App on each of your devices, such as your iPad, requires a unique password to be generated from within the AOL account. This App Specific password intentionally differs from your AOL account password - and can only be used to access your AOL mail.

More information about AOL’s App Specific Passwords can be found here:

https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in?guccounter=1

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 10:36 AM in response to JaRais

In common with many other Mail providers, AOL now use App Specific Passwords to access IMAP or POP3 mailboxes.

The Mail App on each of your devices, such as your iPad, requires a unique password to be generated from within the AOL account. This App Specific password intentionally differs from your AOL account password - and can only be used to access your AOL mail.

More information about AOL’s App Specific Passwords can be found here:

https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in?guccounter=1

AOL Mail Issue 5/28/2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.