Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I charged for Apple TV when I do not have apple TV?

Every month I am charged $4.99 for Apple TV. I do not have Apple TV. So why is there a charge?

Posted on May 28, 2021 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 9:09 AM

The Apple TV+ subscription does not depend on having an Apple TV box. You can view the Apple TV+ Channel on any of your devices that has the Apple TV app (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV box, or Mac, PC, select smart TV, select streaming device). All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Apparently you (or anyone with access to your account/devices) signed up for Apple TV+. If you do not wish to continue that, then cancel that subscription. How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

You would have received a subscription confirmation email immediately after signup.

If you are the organizer of a Family Sharing group, with Purchase Sharing active, then you will be billed for the expenses of the group. That may include a subscription to Apple TV+. How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

See your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and more - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 9:09 AM in response to nandiedrich

The Apple TV+ subscription does not depend on having an Apple TV box. You can view the Apple TV+ Channel on any of your devices that has the Apple TV app (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV box, or Mac, PC, select smart TV, select streaming device). All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Apparently you (or anyone with access to your account/devices) signed up for Apple TV+. If you do not wish to continue that, then cancel that subscription. How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

You would have received a subscription confirmation email immediately after signup.

If you are the organizer of a Family Sharing group, with Purchase Sharing active, then you will be billed for the expenses of the group. That may include a subscription to Apple TV+. How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

See your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and more - Apple Support

Why am I charged for Apple TV when I do not have apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.