Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email password update on iphone iOS 14.4.2

I need to update my yahoo email password on my iphone. I do not use the Yahoo app. This is what I have tried so far:

Settings --> Mail --> Accounts-->Yahoo!-->Account (email@yahoo.com) located near the top -->

The next screen shows:

NAME

EMAIL

DESCRIPTION

OUTGOING MAIL SERVER

SMTP

YAHOO! STMP SERVER >

ADVANCED>

I click on advanced and do not see anything about a password.

I click on STMP and the next screen shows:

PRIMARY SERVER

Yahoo! STMP Server >

On

OTHER STMP SERVERS

stmp.live.com>

off

stmp.mail.com>

off

stmpout.secureservet.net>

off

Add Server...>

This used to be so simple, not sure why it changed but where do I go to change my email password?

Posted on May 28, 2021 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 10:46 AM

Hi,

Usually, when you change your email account password, Apple display an error message and invite you to sign in again to your Yahoo account.

If it’s not the case, delete your email account and add it again.

I think this is not what you meant, but if you meant ‘How to change my Yahoo password through Apple Settings’, please note it’s not possible and you have to do that through Yahoo website.

If you changed your password through Yahoo and just want to update it on your iPhone, follow instructions I wrote above.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 10:46 AM in response to 1texasgal

Hi,

Usually, when you change your email account password, Apple display an error message and invite you to sign in again to your Yahoo account.

If it’s not the case, delete your email account and add it again.

I think this is not what you meant, but if you meant ‘How to change my Yahoo password through Apple Settings’, please note it’s not possible and you have to do that through Yahoo website.

If you changed your password through Yahoo and just want to update it on your iPhone, follow instructions I wrote above.

email password update on iphone iOS 14.4.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.