Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i charge my magic keyboard while using it with my iPad pro 11?, , do i have to connect the charger in the magic keyboard too?,or can it charge with one charger on the iPad?

Can i charge my magic keyboard using one charger on my Ipad?,or do i need to connect the charger to the keyboard too?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on May 28, 2021 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 11:54 AM

From the support document you posted from:

How to use your Magic Keyboard

After you've connected your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, you don't need to pair, turn on, or charge your Magic Keyboard. Here's how to open and use your Magic Keyboard.

The Magic keyboard does not require charging, it does not even have a battery to charge. It is powered directly from the iPad at all times. Connecting the iPad charger to the keyboard connector keeps the iPad charged which in turn powers the Magic keyboard.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 11:54 AM in response to rosney413

From the support document you posted from:

How to use your Magic Keyboard

After you've connected your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, you don't need to pair, turn on, or charge your Magic Keyboard. Here's how to open and use your Magic Keyboard.

The Magic keyboard does not require charging, it does not even have a battery to charge. It is powered directly from the iPad at all times. Connecting the iPad charger to the keyboard connector keeps the iPad charged which in turn powers the Magic keyboard.

Can i charge my magic keyboard while using it with my iPad pro 11?, , do i have to connect the charger in the magic keyboard too?,or can it charge with one charger on the iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.