Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t reset my iCloud password

Hello

i bought iphone 12 and i created a new apple id and forgot the password and I couldn’t sign out icloud. I want to sign out so at least i can use a different account but the process is taking too long and i dont know what is going to happen about it. Please help i want to use my new phone :(( i have the serial number but I don’t know if i should write it here

Posted on May 28, 2021 3:54 PM

3 replies

Jun 3, 2021 7:16 AM in response to Violet_cs

Thank you for getting back with that information, Violet_cs. It’s greatly appreciated. It sounds like your Apple ID is now going through account recovery. You can read more about this process in this article: Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password - Apple Support Be sure to pay close attention to the information under "After you start account recovery”.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

All the best.

May 29, 2021 1:12 PM in response to Violet_cs

Hi there Violet_cs,

It appears that you're having a problem signing out of iCloud on your iPhone. Good job for not posting the serial number, and we're glad to provide assistance.

In order to get to the bottom of this, please provide the answers to the following questions:

Did you set up your iPhone 12 originally with your old Apple ID?

If you're receiving a message, what does the message say?

Is Find My turned on under Settings > [your name] > Find My?

Get back to us when you're able, please.

Take care.

I can’t reset my iCloud password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.