Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: Use the Finder, Apple Devices, or iTunes to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get notes from my old iPhone to my new one

My battery ribbon broke on my iphone 7 plus. I bought a new 12 pro max to replace and I can't transfer notes that were on my iphone 7. They were on my phone not in the cloud or my mac. Is there anything I can do to recover them?

Posted on May 28, 2021 4:36 PM

5 replies

May 29, 2021 1:30 PM in response to BarbLmom

Hi BarbLmom,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, you would like to transfer notes from your iPhone 7 to your iPhone 12, do we have that right? You mentioned that your Notes were not syncing to iCloud or your Mac and your iPhone 7 no longer powers on, is that correct? If so, do you have a back up from your iPhone 7 that may contain the notes?

If so, you can follow the steps here to restore your backup to your iPhone 12: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup.

Hope that helps!

May 29, 2021 3:45 PM in response to BarbLmom

BarbLmom,

Understood. Unless those notes were syncing to another email account that you haven't added to your device, restoring that backup will be the only option to get them back. You can always create a new backup of your currently data, restore the iPhone 7 backup and then turn on iCloud to sync those notes. Once synced you can erase and restore the new iPhone 12 backup that you recently made, sign into your iCloud account and turn on Notes.

What is iCloud Notes?

Take care!

how to get notes from my old iPhone to my new one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.