Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hand washing App (Series 6)

I just bought a Series 6 Apple Watch. I’m trying to get Handwashing to work. I’ve looked through other posts and tried their suggestions. I’ve restarted the watch and my phone, both are using the latest iOS update, I’ve checked all my privacy settings.

The only other things I see is Handwashing is set to “use location when using app” but the location setting appears locked, and it won’t let me set it to always. I tried checking my contact card (iPhone 11) but I can only see an option for entering an address under Payment and Shipping. I can’t see anywhere to specify the address as “Home”.

I’ve tried running water near it and it doesn’t trigger the timer. I have Sound & Haptics on, too.

Posted on May 28, 2021 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 6:12 PM

Besides running the water you also have to make the motions like you're washing your hands. If the iPhone is setup properly when you go too Contacts and look at your name you will see "me" listed. All you have to do is make sure you entered you address correctly for yourself in the Contacts. If not, tap on:

Settings > Contacts > My Info

and select your contact info from the list.

For more info, see:

Wash your hands with Apple Watch Series 4 or later - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 6:12 PM in response to araw82

Besides running the water you also have to make the motions like you're washing your hands. If the iPhone is setup properly when you go too Contacts and look at your name you will see "me" listed. All you have to do is make sure you entered you address correctly for yourself in the Contacts. If not, tap on:

Settings > Contacts > My Info

and select your contact info from the list.

For more info, see:

Wash your hands with Apple Watch Series 4 or later - Apple Support

May 28, 2021 6:20 PM in response to javaliga

I went to my card but there was no address line I could see. It’s just a loop. I click my info, it takes me to my contacts list, I find my name, which takes me back to my card, I click my info and it takes me back to my contacts list.

edit: I held my finger on my name in the contacts list and was able to view my details there and my address is listed as home.

But I have the notifications option turned on and it did not remind me when I got home to wash like it should.

I’ll try actually washing and see if the timer kicks on but being that it failed to remind me at home I wager it won’t start the timer.

Hand washing App (Series 6)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.