Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change itunes default to "view -> as songs"

I used to like the old view of list of songs instead of the waste of real estate with all icons extra fluff, plus I would like to see additional columns and sort orders.

Currently I create a playlist from an album.

I then must go to View -> As Songs

But I have a bunch (hundreds) of playlists, is there a way to have iTunes default to 'View, As Songs' in column format?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 28, 2021 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 4:28 AM

No, you cannot set a default view for playlists. If you've not already found it try using View > Show Filter Field. You can start in the Songs view and type in the name of a band or album to narrow down the view without manually creating additional lists. Because you stay in the same view you should have the same selection of columns ordered and sized the way that you like them. The column browser is useful too.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 4:28 AM in response to emrecio

No, you cannot set a default view for playlists. If you've not already found it try using View > Show Filter Field. You can start in the Songs view and type in the name of a band or album to narrow down the view without manually creating additional lists. Because you stay in the same view you should have the same selection of columns ordered and sized the way that you like them. The column browser is useful too.

tt2

change itunes default to "view -> as songs"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.