Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad pro is dead, will not come on, just a black screen!!

Ipad pro will not turn on! Just a black screen! Charged it all day and it will not come on, just used it yesterday!

Posted on May 29, 2021 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 4:05 PM

For much newer, larger screen iPad models, without a Home button, try the new hard reset procedure for the new 2018/2020/2021 iPad Pros and the 2020 iPad Air 4 models.

1. Press and Release the Volume Up button.

2. Then immediately Press and Release the Volume Down button.

3. Then, Press and Hold the Power Button at the top. You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the Power Button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Best of Luck to You!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 4:05 PM in response to slfree

For much newer, larger screen iPad models, without a Home button, try the new hard reset procedure for the new 2018/2020/2021 iPad Pros and the 2020 iPad Air 4 models.

1. Press and Release the Volume Up button.

2. Then immediately Press and Release the Volume Down button.

3. Then, Press and Hold the Power Button at the top. You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the Power Button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Best of Luck to You!

May 30, 2021 9:49 AM in response to slfree

No one here works for Apple.

These are Apple supplied and moderated Apple product customer/user to user support communities.

We are, largely, Apple product users, just like you.

Cognizant and responsible Apple employees and teams do not read nor participate in these user to user support communities.

You are complaining to you fellow users here.

You didn't purchase the $ 129 U.S.D., extended, two-year plus, AppleCare+ warranty protection for that very expensive iPad?

If you had, a replacement device would have ONLY cost you.$49 U.S.D.

Nothing we humans design and make is perfect or infallible.

Electronics/computing devices CAN and DO fail for any reason at any time.

It is never IF something will fail, but WHEN.

You do not have any previous iPad data backups?

You do not perform regular/semi regular device backups of your tablets and phones?

Sorry to learn your expensive iPad Pro has failed early for some unknown reason.

Stuff happens.

May 31, 2021 9:27 AM in response to MichelPM

I understand that you dont work for Apple, I was venting because I was so upset, but I spoke to the Apple rep and they made an appointment for Wednesday. I have always purchased Apple products and never had any issues, I actually have the very first ipad and it still works fine. Not sure if I even had the Apple Warranty, if not I will just have to get it repaired and learn my lesson about electronics, just have always purchased Apple products and never any problems. Thanks for all your advice and help, I guess I will find out Wednesday if I have a $1,000 wall frame.

iPad pro is dead, will not come on, just a black screen!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.