Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth earbuds

i can’t get my phone to pair up with my new earbud. I have tried all the suggestions and none have worked. I just bought it today.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 29, 2021 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 12:36 AM

to connect to a bluetooth speaker or headset one has not paired with before 2 things must be made sure

1. the bluetooth speaker / headset has to be places into pairing / discovery mode how one goes about doing so differ from speaker to speaker their manual of website would explain how
  2. the bluetooth speaker can't have an active connection with another device at the given time

if you have made sure 1 and 2 and it still does not work then I would divide and conquer troubleshoot by testing the headset with another device to verify that it does indeed function

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2021 12:36 AM in response to bkcruise

to connect to a bluetooth speaker or headset one has not paired with before 2 things must be made sure

1. the bluetooth speaker / headset has to be places into pairing / discovery mode how one goes about doing so differ from speaker to speaker their manual of website would explain how
  2. the bluetooth speaker can't have an active connection with another device at the given time

if you have made sure 1 and 2 and it still does not work then I would divide and conquer troubleshoot by testing the headset with another device to verify that it does indeed function

Bluetooth earbuds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.