Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Update and apps

How do I update to iOS 12 it Denys me updates? Also how am I supposed to download apps it says it’s not compatible?

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on May 29, 2021 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 6:21 PM

You can’t.

Your iPad is too old for any more iOS upgrades/updates.

Sorry.

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, refurbished OR used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, locally or from on the Internet, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions. There are PLENTY of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 6:21 PM in response to Jenieinfante

You can’t.

Your iPad is too old for any more iOS upgrades/updates.

Sorry.

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH “newer” and less expensive, refurbished OR used iPad models, from better known, trusted Apple product/device retailers/resellers, locally or from on the Internet, capable of running the latest iPadOS versions. There are PLENTY of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Software Update and apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.