Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring my iCloud data

I was just at the apple store and was trying to get my iPhone fixed and had to erase all the data, I had most of it backed up and when they where going through the steps of setting it up again they didn't restore the data and now I cant figure out how and I don't want to restore it again. any suggestions?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 29, 2021 10:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 8:24 AM

If it was data you were syncing to iCloud, have you gone to Settings/Your Name, signed in with the same Apple ID, and turned iCloud syncing on? The iCloud sync is very slow. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync.

If it was data you had backed up to iCloud, have you restored the backup? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a back and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2021 8:24 AM in response to I-need-help-1

If it was data you were syncing to iCloud, have you gone to Settings/Your Name, signed in with the same Apple ID, and turned iCloud syncing on? The iCloud sync is very slow. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync.

If it was data you had backed up to iCloud, have you restored the backup? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a back and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

Restoring my iCloud data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.