Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a Sata SSD to IMac late 2014

Hi,

I have a late 2014 IMac that came with a 1tb SSD as a factory upgrade instead of a fusion drive or a spinning HDD.

Does anyone know if the cables are there to add a SATA SSD into the area where the HDD would have been? And will the IMac work with both a blade SSD and a SATA one installed at the same time?

I don't want to crack it open to find out I cant do anything with it!

Many thanks in advance

Paul

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 30, 2021 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 2:56 AM

Why would you want to add a SATA SSD? Your current SSD is faster. Your iMac doesn’t have any user-upgradable components, so it shouldn’t be done.

If I were you, I would just purchase an external SSD, such as the LaCie Mobile SSD High-Performance External SSD USB-C USB 3.0 - Apple, and move my large files to it.

Cheers,

Jack

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2021 2:56 AM in response to taff015

Why would you want to add a SATA SSD? Your current SSD is faster. Your iMac doesn’t have any user-upgradable components, so it shouldn’t be done.

If I were you, I would just purchase an external SSD, such as the LaCie Mobile SSD High-Performance External SSD USB-C USB 3.0 - Apple, and move my large files to it.

Cheers,

Jack

Adding a Sata SSD to IMac late 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.