Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV doesn’t work with Philips TV?

So i’ve got an philips tv (model 55pus7909/12), and a Apple TV 4k (model A1842). Whenever i try to connect the Apple TV to the Philips tv, the display starts flashing all kinds of colors (see image below), however my chromecast works perfectly fine on the tv, and the apple tv works perfectly fine on my LG tv. I’ve tried all 4 HDMI ports, i’ve tried a 4k hdmi cable and a regular 1080p cable, but it always ends up with the same result, which is ghe screen flashing bright colors.

Does anybody know why this happens? Is there a solution?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on May 30, 2021 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 6:21 AM

Going by the on-screen message (but not the weird colors), there appear to be an issue with 50 vs. 60 Hz.

Use 50 Hz for PAL countries, and 60 Hz for NTSC countries.

If you switch the box from a previously connected different TV set, then the color settings may be all wrong, as it tries to send the same signal as for the previous TV. Reset the video settings to configure that part as new.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2021 6:21 AM in response to titolainen

Going by the on-screen message (but not the weird colors), there appear to be an issue with 50 vs. 60 Hz.

Use 50 Hz for PAL countries, and 60 Hz for NTSC countries.

If you switch the box from a previously connected different TV set, then the color settings may be all wrong, as it tries to send the same signal as for the previous TV. Reset the video settings to configure that part as new.

Apple TV doesn’t work with Philips TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.