You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete one of the 4 Siri voices?

I downloaded a second Siri voice that I don’t like. It’s almost half a gigabyte. When I go to accessibility ,spoken content and select the voice, it does not give me an edit option to delete it. How do I delete this downloaded voice? I already have the default one that I want to keep.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 30, 2021 8:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 8:54 AM

I want to delete the downloaded Siri voices from my phone. Since it's my phone and I downloaded the voices, I should be allowed to delete the voices. Allowed, yes, because it's my phone. Default voices may stay, I even want to delete most of them, but OK they are there and Apple doesn't want me to delete them. I don't understand that but still, OK. I just want to get rid of the ones I downloaded. As simple as that.

I repeat, I want to delete the downloaded voices which seems impossible on ios 14.

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 1, 2021 8:54 AM in response to Atherworld

I want to delete the downloaded Siri voices from my phone. Since it's my phone and I downloaded the voices, I should be allowed to delete the voices. Allowed, yes, because it's my phone. Default voices may stay, I even want to delete most of them, but OK they are there and Apple doesn't want me to delete them. I don't understand that but still, OK. I just want to get rid of the ones I downloaded. As simple as that.

I repeat, I want to delete the downloaded voices which seems impossible on ios 14.

May 31, 2021 8:27 AM in response to Dj9281

Hi Dj9281,

It sounds like you're wondering how to delete a Siri downloaded voice. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities. Let's see if this helps

Follow the steps in the section, "Remove a downloaded voice" in Adjust voice and speed for VoiceOver and Speak Screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. This link will walk you through where you can remove the additional downloaded voice. 

If the issue remains, let us know what you saw when you navigated to Setting as outlined in the link above.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

Nov 8, 2021 12:49 PM in response to i_rina

Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content > Voices > is where I downloaded the “Siri Female” voice I would now like to delete. (This is the place where you choose the voice for spoken content, not Siri’s voice.) I tried several different voices and was able to delete the others that I didn’t want (besides the defaults); however, the others had enhanced versions. It seems that the edit button only appears when there are 2 choices for a voice (basic and enhanced). When the voice only has 1 version, such as for “Siri Female,” the edit option is not available. I’d really like to delete this voice since it is wasting space.

May 31, 2021 10:46 AM in response to Jeff_W.

That didn't work. When I go to where the voiceover button is, it's turned off (which is how I want it). There's no way to get past that step without turning it on. When I tried, it started speaking to me and wouldn't let me press ok or cancel. I had to close the entire screen. Are you sure this is where siri voices are kept?

May 31, 2021 11:08 AM in response to Dj9281

Hi Dj9281,

If you don't see it there then let's look in a slightly different place in Settings > Accessibility > Spoken Content > Voices > Select the voice you want to remove > Edit in the top right corner > Select delete icon > Select delete again.

If VoiceOver is still on, you can turn it off quickly by asking Siri to turn it off Voice Over.

Best!

Jul 22, 2021 1:20 AM in response to Dj9281

This is my question, too. I don't want to uninstall all of the Siri-Siri voices... Just the ones I don't use. And, it's confusing to have to specify Siri-Siri because it could be Siri-Samantha (which also can't be removed, but at least it's not half a gig in size) or something else. Also, for me, this problem is on my iPad. I hope the fix can be applied to all devices, when it comes. (If it comes.)

(I meant to reply to the main thread. My apologies for the double-post. I can't delete the other entirely.)

How do I delete one of the 4 Siri voices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.