Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iPhone

My iPhone was stolen so I marked it as erased. I can still track it because on Find My is shows up as erase pending but I called and they said that means it's completely erased. I just now got an email saying activation lock was requesting my password on my phone. But since the one stolen and the new one I got are under the same name, I don't know which one is requesting my passcode. If it is the stolen one that I erased, how can I ensure that they can't get my passcode? Do I just ignore the email?

iPhone 11

Posted on May 30, 2021 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 10:16 AM

Do NOT respond to that request. It is a scam from the thief who has your phone for you to enter your credentials so they can wipe the phone for their use.

On your new phone, you need to change your Apple ID Password. Not your Apple ID, just your Apple ID Password.

Here is a link to help you with that --> Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2021 10:16 AM in response to caraberlan

Do NOT respond to that request. It is a scam from the thief who has your phone for you to enter your credentials so they can wipe the phone for their use.

On your new phone, you need to change your Apple ID Password. Not your Apple ID, just your Apple ID Password.

Here is a link to help you with that --> Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Lost iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.