You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS El Capitan to OS Mojave system update

Hi, I have just purchased Adobe Photoshop but for it to operate on my system I require a minimum of Mojave 10.14. I understand that I can update my system to this but the links I have tried have so far state that it is'nt available in the UK.

I tried to update to Mojave but the link states ''The item you’ve requested is not currently available in the UK store'' - even though the link is from the UK page.

Please help a Dyslexic who has spent days trying to sort it out !

Thank you :)

iPhone XS

Posted on May 30, 2021 12:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 12:39 PM

Using strictly the Safari browser, visit How to get old versions of macOS and follow the Mojave link to the Apple Store. I am in the U.S. and don't know if this article will get the job done for you or not.

If you can download Mojave 10.14.6, then perform a Time Machine backup before proceeding with the upgrade.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2021 12:39 PM in response to RobinFrog

Using strictly the Safari browser, visit How to get old versions of macOS and follow the Mojave link to the Apple Store. I am in the U.S. and don't know if this article will get the job done for you or not.

If you can download Mojave 10.14.6, then perform a Time Machine backup before proceeding with the upgrade.

Jun 1, 2021 12:05 PM in response to RobinFrog

What Mac and what is its sub-model? The ability to upgrade your OS depends entirely on the sub-modle of the Mac.

To run Mojave, "About this Mac..." from your Apple menu must show the sub-model as "2012" or newer to upgrade to 10.14 Mojave. Examples of "About this Mac..."

newer iMac:

older iMac:

Older MacBook Pro:

Only the frst and third computers above can run Mojave.

MacOS El Capitan to OS Mojave system update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.