Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My personal hotspots disappear from my iPhone after updating to iOS 14.6. How can I resolve this priblem ?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on May 30, 2021 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 3:25 PM

Hello,

I see you are having problems with your personal hotspot.

Personal hotspot depends on your plan with your carrier, if you had recently downgraded your plan, then hotspot may not be available.

Also, your carrier may have disabled it for unknown reasons.

I would try giving your carrier a call, and working it out with them. Hope I was helpful.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2021 3:25 PM in response to NeddoEO

Hello,

I see you are having problems with your personal hotspot.

Personal hotspot depends on your plan with your carrier, if you had recently downgraded your plan, then hotspot may not be available.

Also, your carrier may have disabled it for unknown reasons.

I would try giving your carrier a call, and working it out with them. Hope I was helpful.

May 31, 2021 10:33 AM in response to NeddoEO

Of course!

Go to this website:

https://support.apple.com/contact

Select your device, the issue it is having, and put in your devices serial number.

To find your devices serial number go to Settings > General > About. If you long press the serial number you will then be able to copy it.

Once it takes you to the next page, if you scroll down there will be an option to chat with iMessage, click that and it will redirect you to iMessage. Hope this helped! Refer to the below images for assistance.

May 31, 2021 9:38 AM in response to NeddoEO

Hmm, okay let’s try something else,

1. Try to force restart your phone, and see if that will resolve your issue.

To do so, follow the steps below:

-Press and quickly release Volume UP button

-Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button

-Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

1. If that didn’t work, try this:

-See whether a carrier update is needed. Open Settings > General > About Once you get there then if there is a carrier update needed then a window will automatically pop up asking your permission to update the Carrier settings. If the window does not pop up then there is no carrier update available.

Finally if nothing above helps you then

contact your cellular service provider to ensure that the hotspot feature is activated at their end.

Hope this helps! ( Additional help from Axel F )

May 31, 2021 6:45 AM in response to NeddoEO

Hello!

Yes I would love to help you even further.

A missing Personal Hotspot can also be caused by problems with the phones settings that cause the phone to access cellular and Wi-Fi networks.

Try resetting those settings, and starting fresh! Reminder: This will not delete any apps, data, or personal photos/files from your phone.

First: Go to the Settings App > Tap General > Scroll down until you see Reset > Click Reset Network Settings > Follow the on screen instructions until you completed them.

Your phone will then go through the reset process, once it turns back on, you should have your Personal Hotspot back. I hope this works for you!!

My personal hotspots disappear from my iPhone after updating to iOS 14.6. How can I resolve this priblem ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.