Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple Pages be without Page Breaks?

Is it possible to create a Pages document without page breaks, and just insert a line between the information I want to separate?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 30, 2021 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 3:29 PM

A Pages word processing document automatically flows text from one page to the next as you type, and without any need for you to manually insert page breaks. You can use new paragraphs to create a blank line separator or insert a horizontal line shape that floats on the page where you place it when the Arrange panel's Object Placement is Move with Text, and Text Wrap is Automatic.

As you move this line shape up or down, the text above and below flows to accommodate that placement.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2021 3:29 PM in response to Snowboarder365

A Pages word processing document automatically flows text from one page to the next as you type, and without any need for you to manually insert page breaks. You can use new paragraphs to create a blank line separator or insert a horizontal line shape that floats on the page where you place it when the Arrange panel's Object Placement is Move with Text, and Text Wrap is Automatic.

As you move this line shape up or down, the text above and below flows to accommodate that placement.

May 31, 2021 2:02 AM in response to Snowboarder365

You can place the entire document on a single 'Page' by defining a custom size sheet of paper that is, say, 999 inches high by 8 1/2 inches wide. Printing the document might raise some issues, though.

I don't think I've tried this with Pages, but I do remember having done it successfully with AppleWorks when that was stilla thing.

The document was intended to be read on the computer, and not to be printed to paper.

Regards,

Barry

Can Apple Pages be without Page Breaks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.