Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Apple Store language to English even if residing in another country

My mother tongue is English, but I reside in the Netherlands. Is it possible to permanently change the Apple Store language from Dutch to English in this situation?

Posted on May 30, 2021 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 10:19 AM

Thanks Alicia_K1,

However, I've decided not to go ahead and buy an iPhone. The reason is the fact that Apple doesn't provide a user manual, or at least not one which can be downloaded to a Windows computer. That's a big No-No for me since my eyesight isn't that good anymore at my age and I need to be able to read stuff on a big screen where I can change the font to black instead of having to deal with the pale grey version which abounds these days.

Maybe when support for Windows 8.1 expires in 2023 I'll consider buying an Apple computer since I'm not too keen on Windows 10. It won't matter so much on a bigger screen, but the iPhone screen is way too small for getting to grips with the OS.

But thanks anyway for taking the time to respond.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 10:19 AM in response to Ali_E1

Thanks Alicia_K1,

However, I've decided not to go ahead and buy an iPhone. The reason is the fact that Apple doesn't provide a user manual, or at least not one which can be downloaded to a Windows computer. That's a big No-No for me since my eyesight isn't that good anymore at my age and I need to be able to read stuff on a big screen where I can change the font to black instead of having to deal with the pale grey version which abounds these days.

Maybe when support for Windows 8.1 expires in 2023 I'll consider buying an Apple computer since I'm not too keen on Windows 10. It won't matter so much on a bigger screen, but the iPhone screen is way too small for getting to grips with the OS.

But thanks anyway for taking the time to respond.

May 31, 2021 2:47 PM in response to Cut-Google-Out-Of-My-Life

Hello, Cut-Google-Out-Of-My-Life.

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're wanting to retain the Netherlands as your Apple ID region, but you prefer the language to be in English when you visit the family of app stores on your device(s).

Have you had a chance to adjust the device language to English? If you're using an iPhone this article will show you how:

Change the language on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This will change the descriptive text in the App Store to English, but it retains titles and proper nouns in the original language.

Warmest Regards.

Jun 2, 2021 2:02 PM in response to Cut-Google-Out-Of-My-Life

Cut-Google-Out-Of-My-Life,

You're very welcome. We're happy to help with any Apple products or services that you plan to purchase in the future.

We encourage you to bookmark this page on your computer:

Download or bookmark the iPhone User Guide - Apple Support

Apple provides their manuals online for access from any web browser. Just click the product you're considering, and you can find the software user guide and details about each specific device here:

Apple - Support - Manuals

Cheers.

Change Apple Store language to English even if residing in another country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.