Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Series 3 (GPS) stuck at WatchOS 6.3. I cannot update to the current (7.5)…

My Series 3 (GPS) is stuck at WatchOS 6.3. I never get a “out of storage” notice (and I’m using only 1.0gb of the 4.7gb default storage).

I cannot update to the most current WatchOS (7.5) for some reason. Today it did update to 6.3 without issue, but it now says there is no software update available: “watchOS 6.3 Your Apple Watch is up-to-date with all the latest bug fixes and security enhancements

My watch has been sitting unused from September 2020 to yesterday. It otherwise works fine in all ways. Both watch and phone are on the same Wi-Fi network. both are fully charged.

I have tried rebooting both watch and phone (SE 2020) several times. Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated as I can’t download the audible watch app unless I update. thanks.

> Series 3 (GPS) stuck at WatchOS 6.3. I cannot update to the current (7.5)…

Apple Watch

Posted on May 30, 2021 8:08 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

May 30, 2021 11:07 PM in response to Viaj123

I’m having the same problem. My phone is updated, but the download won’t work. I tried to let it work overnight and it didn’t take. I exited the update, and it forced me to unpair my watch, but when I turned it on again, the watch still worked as normal, but my watch app didn’t show a pairing, so I had to do a full factory reset. Now I cannot pair my watch agai, until it’s updated but the update still won’t take.

Jun 8, 2021 6:47 AM in response to arandalanda

I tried to update my Series 3 watch this morning. I was required to unpair and then pair it to download the update. I now have the message on my iPhone " watchOS 6.3 Your Apple Watch is up to date with all the latest bug fixes and security enhancements" but my watch is not paired and I cannot move beyond the screen with this message unless I click on cancel. That gives me two options. One is to continue update which makes no sense. The other is to exit and reset watch to factor settings. What should I do?

Jun 9, 2021 5:31 AM in response to Jessnick

Yes. I touched cancel on the OS 6.3 installation screen and elected to exit and reset the watch to factory settings. After pairing to my iPhone I elected to update the watch to OS 7.5. This update also failed even though I allowed it to attempt to install overnight. Once again I elected to exit and reset the watch. This time, after pairing the watch I chose not to install updates. I was then given the option to restore the watch. I chose to restore it to the last time it worked properly and now the watch seems to be working properly. Even though the restore point showed the watch was using OS 6.2.8 , the watch app on my phone shows it is updated to OS 7.5. I don't understand this at all. It's the nature of Apple products. When they work properly, it's like magic. When something doesn't work I have trouble fixing it because I'm not a magician. I wish you the best in getting your watch working. Try waving a wand over it!

Series 3 (GPS) stuck at WatchOS 6.3. I cannot update to the current (7.5)…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.