Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring back up from iOS 14 to iOS 10

Hi, so I’m planning to restore my back up from my iOS 14 (iphone 7) to my iOS 10 (iphone 5s) Is it still possible? I always get the error message of saying that not compatible and I should update my iphone 5s to latest iOS version, but its maximum iOS version is up until 10 only.

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on May 31, 2021 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2021 8:04 AM

No it is not possible in your case. This is because you cannot restore from a backup created with a higher version of iOS. In your example, you are attempting to restore from a backup created with iOS 14 to an iPhone with iOS version 10. Even if you update your iPhone 5s, it can only go as high as iOS version 10.x.x.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2021 8:04 AM in response to Yanniverse

No it is not possible in your case. This is because you cannot restore from a backup created with a higher version of iOS. In your example, you are attempting to restore from a backup created with iOS 14 to an iPhone with iOS version 10. Even if you update your iPhone 5s, it can only go as high as iOS version 10.x.x.

Axel F.

Restoring back up from iOS 14 to iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.