Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exclude access to certain items in HomeKit from kids?

I would like to have my whole house automated through HomeKit, but I don’t want my kids to have access to the thermostat, garage door openers, and door locks. Is this an option in HomeKit and if not, when will it be?

Posted on May 31, 2021 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2021 12:50 PM

I’m not sharing my home with others. I’m alone so it’s only me yelling out to Siri to perform tasks which works on every Apple device I have signed into the same Apple ID my Hubs are signed in with. So you could disable Hey Siri but the kids are likely still smart enough to touch the top of HomePod.

• if they’re using iPads you have signed in with your Apple ID you can disable Home in iCloud in iPad settings. This renders the Home App useless and disables being able to ask Siri to perform tasks while still allowing said iPad to stay signed into the Apple ID, if they need it for Apple Music or Apple TV etc.

• See if these accessories have their own settings. Or if their own apps provide this. You can install other Apps from the App Store and their own Apps usually include more advanced settings

• In the Home App, long press on any accessory icon scroll down to the gear icon to view settings

You can teach Siri to recognize different voices in your home

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2021 12:50 PM in response to Mom0103

I’m not sharing my home with others. I’m alone so it’s only me yelling out to Siri to perform tasks which works on every Apple device I have signed into the same Apple ID my Hubs are signed in with. So you could disable Hey Siri but the kids are likely still smart enough to touch the top of HomePod.

• if they’re using iPads you have signed in with your Apple ID you can disable Home in iCloud in iPad settings. This renders the Home App useless and disables being able to ask Siri to perform tasks while still allowing said iPad to stay signed into the Apple ID, if they need it for Apple Music or Apple TV etc.

• See if these accessories have their own settings. Or if their own apps provide this. You can install other Apps from the App Store and their own Apps usually include more advanced settings

• In the Home App, long press on any accessory icon scroll down to the gear icon to view settings

You can teach Siri to recognize different voices in your home

Exclude access to certain items in HomeKit from kids?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.