Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Immersive Audio Dolby Atmos not showing up

I recently bought the new Apple TV 4K and connected it to my Marantz SR 7015 via high speed hdmi. I noticed I was only getting Dolby Surround when I played Apple TV content that specified Dolby Atmos compatibility. After searching a bit online I found Immersive Audio Dolby Atmos is supposed to show up under Audio > Audio Format but I am only getting the option to change format to stereo or Dolby 5.1. I know this option should remain "Off" but nothing is showing under this. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.

Apple TV, tvOS 14

Posted on May 31, 2021 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 1:49 AM

The option for Dolby Atmos immersive audio is only offered when that capability is detected through the HDMI chain.

Apple TV 4K outputs Dolby Atmos in Dolby MAT format (uncompressed like PCM), so verify with the manufacturer if the receiver supports that, or if that needs certain firmware or settings.

Verify that you connected as described in Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Verify that your receiver is configured for Dolby Atmos/had Atmos enabled. Dolby Atmos setup guides - Dolby

Use 18 Gbps certified HDMI cables (“Premium High Speed”) or better.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2021 1:49 AM in response to EEBB

The option for Dolby Atmos immersive audio is only offered when that capability is detected through the HDMI chain.

Apple TV 4K outputs Dolby Atmos in Dolby MAT format (uncompressed like PCM), so verify with the manufacturer if the receiver supports that, or if that needs certain firmware or settings.

Verify that you connected as described in Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Verify that your receiver is configured for Dolby Atmos/had Atmos enabled. Dolby Atmos setup guides - Dolby

Use 18 Gbps certified HDMI cables (“Premium High Speed”) or better.

Immersive Audio Dolby Atmos not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.