Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I set my phone up to delete everything once I lost it, I found it and wasn’t able to put in code, in time and it erased my phone, how do I get my photos back

I set up my phone to delete everything once I lost it, I found it and wasn’t able to put in code, in time and it erased my phone, how do I get my photos back

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 31, 2021 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 8:37 AM

If you were syncing Photos with iCloud, go to Settings/Your Name, sign in with the same Apple ID, and turn iCloud Photos syncing on. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync.

If you weren't syncing photos to iCloud, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup to see the contents and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2021 8:37 AM in response to texas160

If you were syncing Photos with iCloud, go to Settings/Your Name, sign in with the same Apple ID, and turn iCloud Photos syncing on. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync.

If you weren't syncing photos to iCloud, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup to see the contents and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

I set my phone up to delete everything once I lost it, I found it and wasn’t able to put in code, in time and it erased my phone, how do I get my photos back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.