Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch vibrates on incoming call but does not show anything

Both my wife's watch series 5 and my watch series 6 recently has the following problem . The watch vibrates to signify an incoming call but no notification is shown on the watch. If you navigate to phone and answer the call then all is normal. Why are the watches not showing an incoming call other than vibrating !!!

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 7:48 AM

Could it be because the Do not Disturb mode is ON ? You can check this by swiping up for Control Center - see here for details:

Use Control Center on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Another thing to check is the Watch app on the iPhone, under My Watch > Phone. Toggle the settings so that Sound is enabled for both ALERTS and RINGTONES.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2021 7:48 AM in response to Greatsailing

Could it be because the Do not Disturb mode is ON ? You can check this by swiping up for Control Center - see here for details:

Use Control Center on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Another thing to check is the Watch app on the iPhone, under My Watch > Phone. Toggle the settings so that Sound is enabled for both ALERTS and RINGTONES.

Apple Watch vibrates on incoming call but does not show anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.