Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used my iPhone to set up my husbands iPad. I would like to change that how do I delete info on the iPad without deleting info on my phone?

i set up my husband’s iPad with my iPhone now they are connected. I would like to separate them but am unsure how to without deleting info from my phone. They are joined together so as I delete info on my phone it deletes info on the I pad.

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 8:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 8:11 AM

Restore the iPad to factory condition, and set it up again from scratch. Do not share an Apple ID, and do not use your own devices to set up someone else's.

link-> How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This process will not delete anything on your devices.

1 reply

I used my iPhone to set up my husbands iPad. I would like to change that how do I delete info on the iPad without deleting info on my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.