Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my music that I uploaded play on my lenovo computers

I know that itunes is not being supported anymore but why won't my music I uploaded play on my Lenovo computers? Is there something that I can do to make that happen?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 4:25 AM

dcwayland wrote:

The music I uploaded (from my own personal CD's that I have purchased) are in gray. iTunes skips over these songs.

See If your songs are grayed out - Apple Support and the section If a song is greyed out but you can still play it. You may need to enable checkboxes and ctrl-click any empty checkbox to reselect all of your greyed out songs.

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2021 4:25 AM in response to dcwayland

dcwayland wrote:

The music I uploaded (from my own personal CD's that I have purchased) are in gray. iTunes skips over these songs.

See If your songs are grayed out - Apple Support and the section If a song is greyed out but you can still play it. You may need to enable checkboxes and ctrl-click any empty checkbox to reselect all of your greyed out songs.

tt2

Jun 1, 2021 2:19 PM in response to dcwayland

dcwayland wrote:

I know that itunes is not being supported anymore ...

That's incorrect.

The facts are as follows:

• the latest version of Mac OS does not use iTunes (that's OS Catalina and OS Big Sur I believe)
    • older versions of the Mac Operating System - and all versions of Windows still use iTunes and I believe that latest version of iTunes for Windows (12.11.3) was made available on or around 22nd April 2021. So not long ago
    • support for iTunes (both for Mac and Windows) is offered here, on this Apple owned forum. Most of the support is from other users of iTunes, rather than Apple - and we users are probably the better option

I assume then, that you've imported music into your iTunes Library, but it will not play. First of all, what happens when you try to play one of these songs? Do you see any error message?

The next obvious question is where did you get the music from:

• CD
    • an MP3 retailer (such as Amazon, Bandcamp etc.)
    • personal recordings
    • artist website
    • some bloke you met down the pub

as this may help narrow down why the songs will not play. I assume that you did not buy these songs from the iTunes Store.

When you say that you've uploaded the songs, what precisely do you mean? Have you added them to your iTunes Library?

Why won't my music that I uploaded play on my lenovo computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.