Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My watch face is going black until I touch it

The watch face is going black until I touch it

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 12:49 PM

2 replies

Jun 2, 2021 10:31 AM in response to zoeyb1961

Hello, zoeyb1961. Thank you for posting your question to the Apple Support Communities. We understand your situation and how you are noticing that your Apple Watch display will power off until you tap it. We’re happy to help you find out if this is expected behavior, or if there is a setting that you can manage to change this behavior. 

To get started, we’d like to provide you with the following Apple Support article. This article explains how you can manage the brightness, text size, and other settings for your Apple Watch: 

Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics on Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you own an Apple Watch Series 5 or Series 6, you may also enable the Always On feature. Find out more about Always On in the following article: 

Use the Always On feature with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

We hope this information allows you to set up and use your Apple Watch as you would like. Please let us know if you have any other questions about these features. 

Cheers! 

My watch face is going black until I touch it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.