Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health

I purchased my iphone 12 pro max on 26th of november and today its 1 percent down, is that okay ?

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 2:33 PM

iPhone's use a lithium battery, and lithium batteries degrade over-time that is normal, it is estimated your device will reach 80% after two years by Apple this is normal.

I purchased my iPhone 12 Pro Max in November too, your battery health is higher than mine, as mine is at 93%, so I would say that is very good.

You can find out more information about battery here iPhone battery and performance – Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2021 2:33 PM in response to tayyab148

iPhone's use a lithium battery, and lithium batteries degrade over-time that is normal, it is estimated your device will reach 80% after two years by Apple this is normal.

I purchased my iPhone 12 Pro Max in November too, your battery health is higher than mine, as mine is at 93%, so I would say that is very good.

You can find out more information about battery here iPhone battery and performance – Apple Support

Jun 1, 2021 3:50 PM in response to tayyab148

That is better than good. A 1% drop in Battery Health in that many months is excellent. You need to understand that batteries are consumable parts. Battery health will decline little by little with every full cycle charge. Just like the batteries in a flashlight, iPhone batteries eventually lose their ability to hold as much as when new. When they decline below 80% it will require being replaced, but you are loooooong away from that.

Jun 1, 2021 5:49 PM in response to tayyab148

tayyab148 wrote:

I purchased my iphone 12 pro max on 26th of november and today its 1 percent down, is that okay ?

That’s fabulous. Most batteries will be down to 92% capacity after that amount of time.

Batteries are consumables; they lose a little capacity every time they are discharged, then recharged. On average this works out to about a 1% loss for every 25 “full charge cycles” ( some will be a little more, others a little less). As one example, if you charge the phone overnight, every night (and that is what you should do; it is a best practice), it starts the day at 100%. If it drops to 20% by the end of the day before you charge it again overnight that counts as 0.8 full charge cycles (20% to 100%), or about 24 full charge cycles per month of use. For this example your battery capacity will lose about 1% per month. Of course, if the end-of-day level is higher than 20% the capacity loss will be a little less, and if it is lower than 20%, or you charge it during the day, the capacity loss will be higher.

The absolute best way to improve the life of your battery long term is to enable Optimized Battery Charging (Settings/Battery/Battery Health) and charge the device overnight, every night. The battery will fast charge to 80%, then pause. During the night the phone will use mains power instead of battery power, allowing the battery to “rest”, and thus reducing the need to charge the battery quite as often. The phone will resume charging to reach 100% when you are ready to use your phone; it will “learn” your usage pattern.

Battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.