Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple TV Remote

Is anyone else having a problem using the scrubbing feature on the new Apple TV remote. I can click my way forward and back, but when I put my finger on the ring and bring up the timeline, moving my finger around to scroll forward and back does nothing. I've tried on Apple TV +, Hulu and YouTubeTV. This is such a great new feature that I thought it would be better implemented.

Has anyone figured out a workaround?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 7:27 PM

Fast forward or Rewind with circular motion.

1. Pause video
  2. Rest thumb on the clickpad ring until you see a circle icon on the playback timeline.
  3. Use a circular gesture on clickpad ring and the circle icon will move on playback timeline.

From Everything you can do with the new Clickpad.

3 replies

Jun 2, 2021 4:31 AM in response to BocaBoy

The problem seems to be that not all Apple TV apps are currently up-to-date enough to support this feature. Your suggestion does work on Apple apps, like Apple TV + but not on Hulu, Plex or YouTubeTV. I guess the answer is to wait for them to be updated.

Thanks for the guide. I've bookmarked it and will definitely refer to it in the future.

New Apple TV Remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.