Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 14.6 connectivity problems

After I updated iPhone SE 2020 to 14.6 I lost data cellular data connectivity for everything. Apps won't connect, I cannot browse to websites, I can't even connect to app store. WiFi works fine. Making cellular calls and texting work fine. This is a cellular data connection loss issue! I have turned phone off/on. I reset network settings. I have turned on airplane mode and off. None of those worked. I called Verizon Wireless who stated there are no known issues in this area (Metrowest Boston). Please help. This is a huge issue.

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

26 replies

Jun 20, 2021 1:00 PM in response to ThosParB

Having the same issues. Can not text to anyone off wifi when I don’t have wifi or outside of Apple with I don have wifi. Can’t make calls at all. No data service outside of my wifi. I spent all day yesterday in the phone with T-Mobile while they tried to fix the issue and they are lost as to the cause. That’s why I Googled this issue and lo and behold, I’m not the only one. Sometimes I can reset and pick up the network briefly. Apple, this needs fixed ASAP! If I have an emergency and can’t call out, I’m coming for you since you know it’s an issue.

Jun 21, 2021 5:06 AM in response to Debravan6

I contacted their help via Twitter, but I am seriously considering taking legal action. I have elderly parents and if something happens and they can not get in touch with me, that’s a real problem. My network is dropping even in the middle or calls and the rest works for maybe 30 minutes before it has to be done again (and sometimes doesn’t work at all). The fact that we can’t even go back to ios 14.5 is ridiculous.

Jun 29, 2021 5:51 PM in response to loymelissa78

In my case, I spoke with Apple support and we got to the point that I would have to erase my phone and start over. I didn’t have time that evening. The next evening I had decided to wait a little longer and see what happens. The next day, it was working better and by stroke of luck, I heard someone say T-Mobile was having network issues recently. Bu the next day, my problems were gone. So it turns out to have been my network all along. I heard Verizon in my area was having network issues.

Some suggestions to try were update carrier setting and remove and insert the SIM card in again. those didn’t work for me, but like I said, my issue resolved itself over time.

Jul 4, 2021 8:21 PM in response to ThosParB

I have been having the SAME issues!!! I use my phone to work as a gig worker. It’s so frustrating losing so much money because of this issue…… apps don’t load, phone calls drop, even the 4 LTE bars disappear and all I see is 4 dots instead. Called Verizon and they said there is no issue reported! They are just not even reporting the problem this is so frustrating and so annoying I said I would never get android but now I’m thinking about it if this doesn’t get fixed in the next few days

Jul 9, 2021 7:09 PM in response to idagreg

Similar issue with Verizon 11 Pro. After I updated to 14.6 streaming over cell signal became almost impossible. Songs drop if I'm listening to songs from Apple music that I've not downloaded to my phone. Apps that require streaming such as audio books don't work at all. This is very frustrating. Like others who have posted, I've tried all the tricks suggested and the problem persists.

Sep 2, 2021 5:40 AM in response to Debravan6

I am constantly having to reset network settings when away from WiFi! It is horrible, I have done all the steps listed with still no fix in sight. I have Verizon and iPhone 12promax with latest update.

I am searching hi and low for the permanent fix. I can’t work, search the web use apps or even send texts when away from WiFi until I reset network. It is so bad!!

ios 14.6 connectivity problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.