Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPad not loading apps

Help! Just got new iPad, used Quick Start to transfer from old iPad. All is well except all apps (non Apple) are not loading. Just keeps saying “loading” on each of their icons for over a new hour now. All mail, music, photos, etc are there and fine but no apps. Any ideas? Thanks!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 3:37 AM

Have you tried force restarting your iPad? Give it a try if you haven’t done so already.

• iPad models that don't have a Home button: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 3:37 AM in response to applepoodledoodle

Have you tried force restarting your iPad? Give it a try if you haven’t done so already.

• iPad models that don't have a Home button: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

Jul 14, 2021 1:04 PM in response to applepoodledoodle

I had this problem with my new Iphone SE. Transferred my data through the IOS automatic transfer option and all my installed apps were not loading for hours. Did many re-boots and turned off and on wifi and cellular. Finally went through and paused them all, but nothing.

I rebooted and everything came up "Waiting". I clicked and held on one and choose Prioritize Download, and suddenly everything started downloading [after the Prioritized one started]. All seems good now.

New iPad not loading apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.