Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro shows reset password screen

I have the MacBook pro 2010 the screen is off when the press the power, after 1 or 2 hour the reset password screen is come, I know the password, ples help me!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 12:19 PM

The "Reset Password" screen is displayed whenever you don't successfully log into macOS. Just click the "Exit" button/item at the lower left of the "Reset Password" window.

If it takes that long to see the "Reset Password" window, then I suspect you have a failing hard drive or a very severe software issue. Make sure to have a good backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 12:19 PM in response to hashmat2020

The "Reset Password" screen is displayed whenever you don't successfully log into macOS. Just click the "Exit" button/item at the lower left of the "Reset Password" window.

If it takes that long to see the "Reset Password" window, then I suspect you have a failing hard drive or a very severe software issue. Make sure to have a good backup.

MacBook Pro shows reset password screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.