Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My has been disabled on iPhone

With Find My disabled, this device can no longer be located, placed in Lost Mode, or remotely erased using icloud.com/find or the Find My app.

I was enabled lost mode in icloud.com/find but why Find My has been disabled.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 2:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 2:15 AM

If you're using iCloud and Find My [device] on the device, sign in to iCloud.com/find or the Find My app on another device, select the device, and click Erase. After the device has been erased, click Remove from Account. This will turn off Find My.

4 replies

Jun 2, 2021 2:13 AM in response to hatran123

Did you enable Find My?

If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device. Change your Apple ID password. Change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, or Twitter etc...

Don'ts

If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.

Find My has been disabled on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.